Quest for the Truth and Justice

NSCDC Employment Scam: Culprit’s family to refund money – Kwara Commandant

Posted by on Mar 16th, 2017 and filed under Crime, Top Stories. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback to this entry

By Ahmed Ajikobi

The family of the suspect involved in the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) employment scam in Kwara State, Kazeem Yusuf are to refund the sum of N300,000 to the victims, National Pilot has learnt.

The state Commandant of NSCDC, Pedrol Awili made the disclosure while briefing newsmen in Ilorin on Monday.

Recall that Yusuf was recently arrested by the police for defrauding two job seekers the sum of N300,000 according to reports.

The state Police Public Relations Officer, (PPRO), DSP Ajayi Okasanmi in a text message to this medium last night confirmed the arrest of Yusuf. According to him, “the culprit was said to have collected the sum of N300,000 from two people with a promise to get them enlisted into the NSCDC.”Awili, who disclosed that Yusuf had been dismissed from NSCDC in the state two months ago warned the unsuspecting public against giving money to any officer for employment.

According to him, “the NSCDC is not recruiting presently and if there is going to be any form of recruitment of new officers, the information will be on the organisation’s website and nobody will be asked to pay any amount.”

Awili said, Yusuf was earlier arrested for similar offence two months ago and was queried by a panel set-up by the corps. He said it was after he was found guilty of the allegations that Yusuf was dismissed by the command.

“We are here to defend the defenceless and we have no tolerance for any act of indiscipline. The culprit in question has long ceased to be a member of the corps. We call this press briefing to let the people know that he is not our member.

He stressed that property belonging to the NSCDC has been recovered from Yusuf adding that the suspect who duped four people had been ordered to pay the money back to the victims.

The NSCDC boss also disclosed that six officers recently involved in sporadic shooting at Challenge area during a face-off between the phone repairers and men of the NSCDC have been detained.

He said the officers were being punished for unnecessarily causing panic at the ever busy computer village last Wednesday.

“The command has internal disciplinary measures in place to deal with indiscipline officers.

“They actually sneaked out to engage in the melee without permission of their superiors in the command,” he said, adding that Intimidation of members of the public is never part of the corps’ mandate.

“I was in the office around 5pm when I got information that a staff of my command went out of office without permission and had a misunderstanding with one of the phone vendors. This can happen to anybody but its just that when it comes to uniform men, such matter is always blown out of proportion.

“We are aware that day, the phone vendors have a union, so they tried to protect themselves. If there are issues involving customer with a phone vendor, there should be a way of handling the matter but the phone vendors on their side failed to settle the issue amicably.

“Also, our officer failed to coordinate himself too by first assaulting the phone vendor. That is why the issue got escalated.”

Leave a Reply